Sunday 19 August 2007

Working Days – Training Fun

So the first week of being a working man, and doing my bit for the UK economy has come and gone, and its been a working of learning rather than training or actually working. I’m currently one week into the month of my CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accounting) Certificate course, and with that comes a variety of modules and even less fun exams. So this week, I’ve been studying the joys of Financial Accounting. I can’t claim I am enjoying it – lets face it, if I was I’d be very dull and I’ve have signed up to work in tax or something equally dull – but what it has been is a start.

Over the course of the last week, I’ve started to get to know the people I’m going to be working with. There are some 190 of us joining the firm, of which about 120 are doing the CIMA at this point. Shrinking that down, there are a ‘mere’ 30 in my class. It’s like Freshers’ Week without the alcohol/fun activities, as you get to know and learn the names of the people in your group – including where they are from, what they’ve done, where they’ve studied, etc. I’m lucky to have a top class group who are a lot of fun, as Friday night showed. Its nice to slowly start settling in, and have some fun whilst working.

If only I didn’t have exams …

No comments: